Thursday 17 September 2015

Thursday 17th September; sunshine and sea air

I don't have much to report today.  I have been lazy, as planned. 

I sat on the beach, then later sat under a tree at the back of the beach (for shade), and I've sketched fishing boats and yachts passing, and people swimming, and seagulls flying by.  I've swum three times, had a picnic lunch and a naughty scoop of frozen yoghurt on my way back to the studios, and have now just finished repacking for my next onward transfer, tomorrow morning.
One end of the ancient harbour wall; the faint pale line in the water, running diagonally to the right from the end of the rocks, is the landward end and the rocks themselves are the rest

The other end of the ancient breakwater; these rocks on shore and the ones in the water would have joined up to form harbour mole no 2

Town beach, looking north to Cape Kolonna...

Looking south towards the beachside tavernas on the edge of town...

Looking out to sea...

And looking down


 

No comments:

Post a Comment