Monday 14 September 2015

Monday 14th; in transit, so here are some photos

I spent a good part of today in transit, and to save too much heaving around of Tinkerbell the tiny laptop, I wrote notes longhand (gasp) in a notebook.  I'll type them up later.  For now, here are some random other photos from my visit to Athens.

One of the things I've been struck by, the last few days, is the amount of really good street art in the city.  There's a lot of very ordinary graffiti, of course, basic tagging or scrawling of rude words (oddly, including in English - "Penis palace" for example).  But a great deal of really artistic stuff as well.  Examples below.



This piece and the next two were on the way to the Kerameikos





This lass was defying gravity just up the road from Oinopoleion



Rather engagingly this genie was whizzing out of a bottle on the outside shutters of a pharmacy...


 And this happy chap was on the wall by a second-hand book stall

 
"Everything is a cycle/circle"
 
I know this isn't exactly graffiti, but I do like to have me some love hearts around the place
 
Next, here are some of the cats of Athens.

The cat of the Kerameikos

The cat of the Temple of the Eleusinian Goddesses

The cat who intends to go under a fence

The cat who is sure she's well camouflaged

One of the many cats who think I may have some food

A cat called Hermes

A cat who did not want to be disturbed

A very lovely cat who really, really thought I might produce some food if he looked adorable enough
 

No comments:

Post a Comment