Tuesday 13 October 2015

Just wanted to share this (on the subject of vintage cars)...

Do you remember I mentioned a very beautiful vintage car passing my bus on the way from Nafplio to Corinth?  It must have been a participant in this:
http://www.via-flaminia.com/enkele-rally/via-hellenica-2015/

This pleases me enormously!  I am not a car-lover as a rule, I regard them as useful tools and am rather baffled by people who give their cars baby names and much a fuss of them.  But when it's a pre-war vintage car then I have to confess I get a little starry-eyed; they were things of beauty then. 

The only other attractive older cars I saw weren't as old as the one that passed my bus, but were well-loved and in good shape.  One was a dove-grey deux chevaux on Poros, which I didn't photograph for some reason, and the other was this cutie in Nafplio.


No comments:

Post a Comment